Posted on Nov 11, 2013

If you need to find a low or no-cost housing counselor, the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) just made it easier. They set up a new online tool on their website.

You don't need to pay someone thousands of dollars to assist you, because you can likely find one that can help you, without having to spend a lot of money, to help you with loan modifications, getting a mortgage, buying a house, or credit issues.

If you are in the Houston, Texas area or surrounding counties, and your home is posted for foreclosure and you need to stop it immediately, contact our law firm at 713-772-8037. If you qualify, we can file a chapter 13 bankruptcy to stop the foreclosure and allow you up to 5 years to bring it current.

Meanwhile, it is possible to ask for a loan modification, to lower your interest rate on your mortgage, extend the term, and add the delinquent payments to your loan.

Read More About CFPB Announces New Online Tool to Find HUD-certified Housing Counselor...

J Thomas Black
Connect with me
Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law- Texas Board of Legal Specialization