Yes. The Texas Office of the Attorney General (OAG) will deny vehicle registrations for those child support obligors that are more than 180 days delinquent, starting in 2016. This is only for child support cases being handled by the OAG.

To avoid denial of your car or truck registrations, the OAG has a dedicated phone line for all denial of motor vehicle registration renewal issues. Parents can call (866) 646-5611 to make payment arrangements.

Or if you also have other serious debt issues, you may want to consider filing chapter 13 bankruptcy, and repaying the delinquent child support over a 3- to 5-year chapter 13 plan. If you live in the Houston, Texas metropolitan area or surrounding counties, call our office at 713-772-8037 for your complimentary consultation.

J Thomas Black
Connect with me
Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law- Texas Board of Legal Specialization