As a general rule, no. You must either be sued in the county where you live or the county where you entered into the contract.

If you are sued in the wrong county, hire an attorney to file a motion to transfer venue to the proper county and/or dismiss the case. It may also be a violation of the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act and other consumer protection laws for someone to sue you in the wrong county.

J Thomas Black
Connect with me
Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law- Texas Board of Legal Specialization