Yes. You can file a complaint with Federal Student Aid, an office of the Department of Education. It may or may not solve your problem, but at least it will make them aware of it.

You also have rights under federal and state law to sue a debt collector under certain circumstances. If you feel your rights have been violated, consider consulting a lawyer about your rights under the federal Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA) and similar laws. 

J Thomas Black
Connect with me
Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law- Texas Board of Legal Specialization