Probably. If your loan is owned or guaranteed by HUD, VA, Fannie Mae or Freddie Mac, you almost certainly can get some help from your mortgage lender. Call them or go to their website to review the help available. 

Even if they are not on this list, call them and ask for help, assuming that you are in the disaster area. They may be able to offer you a forbearance, loan modification, or other help with your mortgage.

If nothing else helps, and you are able to make your payments going forward, consider filing chapter 13 bankruptcy to catch up the delinquent payments. Contact our office at 713-772-8037 for your free consultation or to request more information.

J Thomas Black
Connect with me
Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law- Texas Board of Legal Specialization