There are companies that are like credit bureaus (they are considered "credit reporting agencies"), but they primarily report to banks and credit unions about the way that you handle your bank accounts. Have you had bank accounts or checking accounts closed by the banks?

Have you given merchants checks that have later been dishonored? Companies that keep records of how you handle your banking relationships include a company known as Telecheck.

If you file bankruptcy, it would be a good idea to notify Telecheck if you have closed, overdrafted accounts, or owe bad checks. List Telecheck to that they are notified of your bankruptcy, and also write them and give them information.

To report a bankruptcy to TeleCheck, please fax or mail the information listed below to:

You may fax your information to: 

(402) 916-8160 
TeleCheck Services, Inc. 
Attention: Bankruptcy Department

Alternatively, you may mail it to TeleCheck’s Bankruptcy Department at: 
TeleCheck Services, Inc. 
Attention: Bankruptcy Department 
P.O. Box 4451 
Houston, Texas, 77210-4451

Be sure to include:

  • Your name as it appears on your check
  • Contact phone number
  • Mailing address
  • The Reference number located in the upper right hand portion of your collection notice
  • Your full bank name
  • All numbers on the bottom of your check from left to right from the checks in question
  • A copy of your driver's license, military or state-issued ID
  • Your Bankruptcy Case Number
  • The name under which the case was filed; and
  • The number and location of the Court in which the bankruptcy was filed

If you do not have this information, please provide the name, address and phone number of your attorney.

J Thomas Black
Connect with me
Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law- Texas Board of Legal Specialization