I need records from the I.R.S. fast! How do I get my I.R.S records including my "transcripts of account" and W-2's and 1099's?

The Internal Revenue Service has a very helpful new feature on their website that will help taxpayers like you and me get information from them, in a hurry. You can obtain a number of records from them online, with no fee. You can obtain your tax return transcripts, tax account transcripts, or wage and income (W-2's and 1099's, for example), right on their website.

This can be important, for example, if you are one of our bankruptcy or I.R.S. clients in the Houston area, and we need records from you. You can go to the IRS "Get Transcript" tool and get what you need, quickly. If you ever forget what the link is, just go the the I.R.S. website at www.irs.gov and enter "Get Transcript" in the search box. It's pretty cool.

J Thomas Black
Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law- Texas Board of Legal Specialization