Yes, assuming that you qualify for chapter 13 relief, and the case is filed before the car is actually sold by the finance company, it is possible to get your car back.

Then a chapter 13 plan can be filed with the court to propose that you pay the car off over time, at a level that you can afford, up to 5 years. Your other debts can also be included, and this often can give people control over their finances to let them live and work in peace.

For an appointment, call our office at 713-772-8037. Be sure to tell the receptionist that your case is urgent and that you have had a repossession. We can usually work you in the same day or the very next day, to save your car.

J Thomas Black
Connect with me
Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law- Texas Board of Legal Specialization