The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) has set up an online tool for you to locate HUD-certified housing counselors in your area.

The counseling agencies on the list are approved by the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) and they can offer independent advice about mortgages, loan modifications, or other issues that you have concerning your mortgage.

If you are in danger of foreclosure, you can also contact our office at 713-772-8037. If you qualify, we can help you file chapter 13 bankruptcy, to stop foreclosure and allow you to cure your delinquent payments over a 3-5 year period of time.

J Thomas Black
Connect with me
Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law- Texas Board of Legal Specialization