Yes. If you owe delinquent child support, you can file a chapter 13 bankruptcy and propose a plan to pay it off. Under a recent court ruling, you are allowed to pay the interest that accrues on the delinquent child support under Texas law, so that at the end of your plan, you are completely current. If you plan on doing this, please come in and get your case started before you have been held in contempt by the divorce court.

J Thomas Black
Connect with me
Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law- Texas Board of Legal Specialization