It is possible to ask the IRS to withdraw a Notice of Tax Lien against you in certain circumstances, even though you have not paid the taxes in full.

In one circumstance, you can enter into a direct debit Installment Agreement, and so long as you are current on filing requirements, you can ask to have your notice of federal tax lien withdrawn. Watch the video below for more information about it.

You will have to complete IRS Form 12277, and provide it to the IRS with the required attachments and signatures. The form is available on the IRS website.

The withdrawal of a notice of tax lien, for example, could help you get a job and pay the IRS in certain cases. The IRS will want you to be in compliance with tax filing requirements, however, to be eligible for relief.

J Thomas Black
Connect with me
Board Certified, Consumer Bankruptcy Law- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
Be the first to comment!
Post a Comment